Montana Board of Investments
The Montana Board of Investments (the Board) directs the investment activity and administration of approximately $18.5 billion in state assets, including pension, trust, insurance reserves, operating funds, and certain local government funds. The Executive Director acts as the principal officer of the Board and is responsible for the overall management of the Board’s activities. The Executive Director reports to a nine-member quasi-judicial Board and directs a total staff of 32, directly supervising four managers.
The position is responsible for successfully carrying out the Board’s three missions: managing the Unified Investment Program, managing the Coal Tax Trust Loan Program and managing the Bond Program. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring that all Board operations conform to the state constitution and applicable state laws; developing appropriate internal controls; developing and adhering to an annual budget; managing Board staff; and working with and responding to the state Legislature, the Administration, the public, and the press.
- Significant leadership experience in a similar institution, financial services organization or government agency.
- Ability to work effectively with a Board and act as the Board’s principal advisor.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Experience managing a complex organization, establishing strong external relationships, including serving as legislative liaison and spokesperson for the Board.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Investment knowledge and experience.
Contact - Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume by Monday, May 28, 2018 via email to:
More information can be obtained on the Board of Investments and the investment portfolio by visiting the website:
. For a description of the position, click on the “Executive Director” link on the website.
Location/Region: Helena, MT (US)